The NATA recommends that the AHCT include the following medical professionals:
- Medical physician director*
- Certified athletic trainers*
- Emergency medical services personnel
- School physicians
- Primary care providers (e.g. pediatricians, family practice, nurse practitioners)
- Consulting and other physicians
- Physical therapists
- Registered dieticians
- Public health officials
- Public safety personnel
- Other allied health care professionals
- Students and trainees in the above disciplines.
On-site personnel (sponsoring organization administrators, parents, coaches, athletes) interact with the AHCT through the certified athletic trainers and EMS personnel.