Is your child using steroids? Here is what experts say to look for:
- Large gain of muscle mass over a short period of time (20lbs. of muscle gained over a summer by a high school athlete is usually not the result of weight training alone).
- Increased time spent in the gym and a preoccupation with weight training
- Dramatic changes in personality (moodiness, aggression, and hostility etc.)
- Abnormally large breasts in males (gynecomastia)
- Stretch marks (cultaneous striae), especially around the breast area
- Increased acne, especially on the back, face, and chest
- Facial puffiness due to water retention
- Needle marks on the buttocks
- Increased blood pressure and heart rate
- Reference to steroids in conversation (some of the slang words for steroids include "roids," "juice," "sauce," "slop," "product" and "vitamins").
Three main signs