Racquetball: Fast-Paced and Fun!
- Racquetball: Pronunciation: \?ra-k?t-?bo?l\
- a game similar to handball that is played on a 4-walled court with a short-handled racket and a larger ball
- Racquetball is a fun, fast-paced game that is easy to learn and play. Racquetball is a fairly new sport that can be played recreationally or professionally; the governing body, the International Racquetball Association (IRA) was founded in 1969, but has been renamed the USA Racquetball (USAR).
- Racquetball is a fun game and a great form of exercise; however, although it is not considered a dangerous sport, it can be if your child does not wear a mouth guard. Mouth guards aren't required, but you should make sure your child wears one, or you may soon be dealing cut mouths and missing teeth!
- MomsTeam's goal is to provide comprehensive information on racquetball: advice on the equipment needed and how to buy it, a primer on the rules of the sport, and videos and advice from experts, parents, and manufacturers of racquetball gear.
But to do that we are going to need your help. If you are a parent of a child who played racquetball or has played racquetball, we hope you will share what you have learned with other MomsTeam parents. Please consider writing a blog, contributing an article, posting on and/or hosting a Forum, or becoming a racquetball expert. If you know of someone who used to play or coach racquetball who has knowledge to share, ask him or her to join. Together we can make MomsTeam a true community of sports parents!
-Brooke de Lench