1. Don't let your kid pitch when tired
2. Don't let your kid play baseball year-round
3. Follow pitch count limits and rest periods
4. Avoid multiple teams with overlapping seasons
5. Teach good throwing mechanics early
6. Make sure your child is properly conditioned.
7. Make sure your child properly warms up and stretches.
8. Never allow your child to play through pain
9. Avoid use of radar guns
10. Avoid showcases
11. Don't let pitchers be catchers too
12. Consider delayed throwing of the curveball
Posted March 23, 2012